09:00 – 09:45
Market overview: How has the current Geopolitical state impacted the South African Financial Markets?
- From the War in Ukraine to the impact of rising energy prices and the threat of a global recession, how can the South African market mitigate against an economic downturn?
- Examining some of the key actions likely to be taken by South African regulators to get ahead of inflation and avoid a significant narrowing of the interest rate differential between South Africa and key trading partners
- How might volatile commodities markets offer some advantage to South African producers? Can recent international price hikes truly help to cut national debt?
09:45 – 10:45
An update on RFR reform: Are all regulated firms ready for the change?
With many details of the change still uncertain, how can risk managers better understand the shift from IBORs and how this will affect the South African market in the lead up to the 2024 deadline?
Can JIBOR really cease in the next two years? What are the implication of the new benchmark, ZARONIA, on new and existing ZAR loans?
How will credit risk be affected?
10:45 – 11:15
11:15 – 12:45
Utilizing Technology to assist with risk resilience and innovation
- Why has South Africa seen record spikes in Cyber crime over the past decade? How can risk managers use technology effectively to tackle the onslaught against a backdrop of tightening budgets and rising fraud?
- Highlighting the potential operational risks of rolling out new tech infrastructure, from compliance and legal violations to data breeches
- Using real-time insights and analytics to identify changing consumer behaviours and respond to unexpected demands –making the most of AI, ML & Big Data
12:45 – 13:45
13:45 – 14:30
Energy Risk: What will the future bring?
Unpacking the implication of the National Development plan: Are energy supply targets on track? What are the implications of continued supply strains?
How should risk managers quantify challenges around energy supply risk?
Can South African energy providers leverage increasing demands for global supply to reinvest in green production?
14:30 – 15:00
15:00 – 15:45
Climate & ESG
An overview of government initiatives, from the NDP to The Green Economy Accord. Can South Africa maintain ambitious climate change targets against the backdrop of rising inflation and unemployment?
What institutions can assist with complex reporting requirements?
How will Green Bond initiatives help to assist corporates to finance projects?
15:45 – 16:30
How Inflation impacts stagflation: Will South Africa’s robust financial industry insulate it against rapid growth halts sweeping the rest of the continent?
Managing investment risk in stagflation environment. Have the predicted contractions set for Q4 materialized?
Is load shedding the only major factor in contributing to stagflation and can mining production find new ways to mitigate these challenges?
Can risk analysts navigate building stagflation into planning and future proofing their businesses
16:30 – 18:00